CenterPoint Corporate Services, Inc.’s
PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
CenterPoint Corporate Services, Inc. (“CCS”) has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate its firm commitment to protecting your privacy. Your privacy is important to CCS. The following discloses our information‑gathering and dissemination practices for this website. As this policy may change from time to time, please check back periodically.
We hope that, like many CCS users, you will want to provide information about yourself to CCS because it will make your experience here more valuable to you. CCS uses the information it collects about you to, among other things, process orders for products and services provided by and through CCS. When you register at CCS, we collect certain information about you including your name, e‑mail address, mailing address, credit card number and expiration date in order to process and fulfill your order. Additionally, in order to process your order, CCS needs additional information. The forms requiring additional information can be reviewed on our website.
CCS’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with an efficient and customized experience in utilizing CCS’s services. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all the applicable laws and rules regarding online conduct and privacy as well as content. Specifically, but not as a limitation, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding transmission of technical and personal data exported from the United States or other country in which you reside. CCS cannot, and does not, control information users make available to others in exchanges on the site, including, but not limited to, information disclosed by you in connection with creating an auction as a seller. Though prohibited, users may provide information that is false, deceptive, harmful or offensive to other users. Please exercise care in determining what information you share with others in using CCS’s services.
1. CCS’s Security. CCS uses industry‑standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal, identifiable information, such as, “firewalls” and secure socket layers. CCS treats data as an asset and steps are taken to protect such data against loss and unauthorized access. Although CCS employs many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the Company, “perfect security does not exist on the Internet”. Also, CCS cannot warrant the security of information that you may place on your auctions, message boards, chat rooms and email because this information can be collected and used by others.
1.1 Encryption. Areas of the site where you may enter and submit private information are protected using SSL encrypted transmissions between your web browser and our web server. This protects against the remote chance that someone may try to compromise your private information as it travels from your web processor to our secure server and from our server to 3rd party services such as credit card processors. You will know when transmitted data is safe by a security notice when you enter our secure page, and by the presence of an icon on your browser. The pages we use to submit your account information are all secure. CCS will never intentionally take chances with your private information, and we have taken every precaution to ensure your personal security.
1.2 Protecting Your Login ID and Password. Your account number and Password are secret. If you receive information about an order that you did not place or a questionable communication regarding your account, please contact CCS's Client Support immediately.
1.3 About SSL Security and Firewall Problems. Some older browsers have known SSL bugs. They can result in the browser crashing on the SSL page, or giving error message. We recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of whatever browser you prefer. AOL users may be able to upgrade security by downloading and replacing the S-Channel.dll from Microsoft. For users behind corporate firewalls, you need to configure your web browser security settings. This includes setting HTTPS or secure proxy settings. Do determine if you have such a security problem, you can edit a secure URL, replacing "HTTPS" (secure) with "HTTP" (insecure). If the page works with HTTP:// but not HTTPS://, then you have a problem with your security settings. You should contact your system administrator for assistance or questions.
2. CCS’s Use of Your Information. CCS uses information in the file it maintains about you and other information it obtains from your current and past activities on the site to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce CCS’s User Agreement. There may be times when CCS may look across multiple Users to identify problems or resolve disputes and, in particular, CCS may examine your information to identify users using multiple User IDs or aliases.
If you choose to use the services provided by CCS, we will use your address and billing information to charge your credit card.
5. Links Provided to Other Sites. It is important to note that CCS may provide links to a number of other sites that we believe can offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as CCS and we are not responsible for the privacy policies of or any actions of third parties that control the activities of such third-party sites. We suggest contacting the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their online policies for the relevant information about their data collection.
6. Legal Inquiries. CCS cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties, to enforce laws such as intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. CCS can, and you have authorized us to by utilizing this website and CCS's services, disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as CCS, in its sole discretion, believes necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation or other activity that is illegal or may expose CCS or you to legal liability. Further, CCS can disclose your Account Number, name, address, street, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, e-mail and company name as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with any investigation.
8. Minors. Minor children are not eligible to use our services, and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us.